Definitely Strawberries


I love wine.... I don't care if it has hints of passion fruit or terra firma. I've never had a passion fruit, and, as far as I know, terra firma means dirt. But I do love rush of pleasure when you taste something unexpected and extraordinary. This blog is dedicated to understanding and tracking down that feeling through weekly experiments in wine tasting and tipsiness.


"Mmm... a little citrus... maybe some strawberry, passionfruit... and, oh, there's just the faintest soupcon of like asparagus and just a flutter of a nutty Edam cheese."


"Wow. Strawberries, yeah! Definitely Strawberries. Not the cheese..."

Free Wine!!!

Free Wine is part of the reason why I started this blog.   Don't hold it against me.



I have a friend who works for the beverage distributor Diageo - importer of Sterling, Rosenblum, Dom Perignon, and Moet & Chandon.  Sadly, we did not get free wine from her.  What we did get was an invitation to the employee wine sale every year.  When that event came around each Fall, my wife and I took advantage and stockpiled our shelves with an amazing bargain case.  



But when those cases came and went I found myself looking for some equally great wine for equally good prices.   That's how I eventually came across the popular Good Wine Under $20 Blog.  A fellow blogspot site, goodwineunder20 has short informal reviews of one fellow's take on on assorted inexpensive wines.  After checking out the site a couple times, I started noticing disclaimers on nearly every other review.  The fine print read: "Full Disclosure: I received these wines as samples."


Wait, what? 


This blogger gets wine delivered to his door for free? Just for writing a few paragraphs about a bottle here and there? That sounds like something I can get board with.   I initially thought, "If they're giving away wine to bloggers, I'm going to make a Best Wine Over $500 blog." After one look at our monthly budget, I abandoned that idea.  To all my fellow winos out there, you should know: I've got you're interests at heart - free wine, as simple as that. 



But of course, it's not all about free stuff.  I'm not only a wino, I'm also a wine lover.  I was married on June 12, 2010 in Napa Valley.  I love it in wine country.  Below is a shot from our reception at Christian Brothers, Mont La Salle on Mount Vedeer, one of the oldest vineyards in the valley.  When not used for sacramental wine, their grapes are sold to Hess.  




In the end, I hope you'll detect my joy and passion.  I also hope I'll get some free wine. 







No comments:

Post a Comment